This set was the perfect 50th birthday gift with a bottle of Cognac.
Riedel Vinum Cognac Hennessy Glasses 6 Stems, #6987
Riedel Vinum Cognac Hennessy Glasses 6 Stems (P/N 416/71).
Make the moment you serve cognac an occasion for celebration with this Riedel Vinum set.
- A wide bowl gives this French variety of brandy room to aerate for optimum taste and scent.
- The stem, comparatively long for a cognac glass, elevates the liqueur and elongates the broad-bowled vessel.
- Thin, crisp glass makes for a more attractive appearance. Hand-washing recommended.
Recommended for: Armagnac (mature), Armagnac (young), Brandy, Calvados, Cognac V.S.O.P., Cognac XO, Rum, V.S.O.P. Cognac, XO Cognac
Why choose this set over similar glasses?
- This particular cognac glass has a distinctive profile that differs aesthetically from typical, tulip-lipped snifter shapes.
- Riedel is recognized as the worldwide leader and most innovative manufacturer of fine wine stemware.
- The Vinum line offers high-end glasses at an affordable price.
Each of these magnificent glasses is specifically designed to enhance the nose and finish of fine cognac.
- Design parameters are based on the characteristics of fine liquer
- Glasses designed with elegance, lightness, and balance
- Machine-made with over 24% lead crystal
Capacity: 6 3/4 oz
Size: 7 1/4h (in)
Weight: 4.85 lb
Consuming foods or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products or handling products made of leaded crystal will expose you to lead—a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
RATINGS AND REVIEWS
Most Helpful Reviews
I don’t mind leaded glassware, because it sparkles better and unless you leave the spirits / wine in the glass for months there isn’t any health issue. I like that about these glasses, but found the thick seams to be distracting. It’s a nice glass for everyday use, but I think it is expensive for what it is. I’m not sure I’d pay this much for these again.
When I was in Chicago I ordered a Cognac at a restaurant, and they served it in these glasses. I have collected and enjoyed Cognac for years, but never fully appreciated the effect the glass can have on the experience. I tracked down the manager to find out the brand and immediately ordered a set once I got back home. If you enjoy Cognac, treat yourself and pick up set of these. I wanted the set of 6 because I host tastings from time to time, but they also sell 2 pack sets.