Riedel Vinum Brunello di Montalcino Set of 2, #7033
Riedel Vinum Brunello di Montalcino Set of 2 (P/N 6416/90).
Brunello Di Montalcino was long considered the world's most prestigious wine. DOCG rules now require it to be barreled 4 years, so a new glass had to be developed to accommodate the change in flavor. This is the result.
- Stands at 8-5/8", with a capacity of 20.75 oz. for an average serving size of 7 oz.
- The size and shape improve on the confining former "Chianti Classico," with oak flavors deemphasized in favor of fruit by virtue of the diameter of the rim.
- 24% leaded crystal deepens and brightens the amber color of Brunello.
Recommended for: Brunello di Montalcino, Bordeaux (red), Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, TempranilloWhy choose this set over similar glasses?
- This glass was the first to be officially designed for a wine region.
- The wide-rimmed trumpet shape brings out the best in the cherries-and-port accents of this surprisingly mature bouquet.
- Riedel is recognized as the worldwide leader and most innovative manufacturer of fine wine stemware.
In the past, Brunello di Montalcino was undoubtedly considered Italy's most prestigious wine.
Capacity: 20 3/4 oz.
Size: 8 5/8h (in)
Weight: 2.7 lb
Consuming foods or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products or handling products made of leaded crystal will expose you to lead—a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.