Riedel Sommeliers Alsace (P/N 4400/05).
This stately glass rises from the table on a stem 1.5 times the height of the bowl, bringing the peachy, floral aromas of Alsace closer to the nose.
- The medium-sized, spherical bowl fully reveals the fruit and mineral components of this under-appreciated treasure of the wine world.
- Highly skilled artisans execute the 2000-year-old art of mouth-blowing glass to create 24 percent lead crystal bowls.
- 7-5/8 inches tall, with a maximum capacity of 8-5/8 oz.
Recommended for: Aligote, Chasselas, Chenin blanc, Cortese, Fume; Blanc, Furmint (dry), Gewurztraminer, Gutedel, Kerner, Melon de Bourgogne (Muscadet), Muller-Thurgau, Muskateller, Muskat-Ottonel, Neuburger, Palomino (except Sherry), Pedro Ximenez, Pinot (Blanc, Grigio, Gris), Ribolla gialla, Rotgipfler, Rulander, Sancerre, Sauvignon blanc, Soave, Tokay, Trebbiano, Vin de Savoie (white), Zierfandler.
Why choose this glass over similar glasses?
- Flexible enough to accommodate a wide variety of white wine varietals, and the preferred white wine glass of many.
- One of the more affordable glasses in the Sommeliers line.
- Robert Parker declares, "The effect of [Riedel Sommeliers] glasses is profound. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference they make."
Riedel Sommeliers glasses were praised by Robert Parker as "The finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes. The effect of these glasses is profound. I cannot emphasize enough what a difference they make."
- Praised by Robert Parker as the finest glasses for both technical and hedonistic purposes
- Mouth-blown with over 24% lead crystal
- Single stem
Capacity: 8 5/8 oz
Size: 7 5/8h (in)
Weight: 1.7 lb
Consuming foods or beverages that have been kept or served in leaded crystal products or handling products made of leaded crystal will expose you to lead—a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.