As other reviewers have mentioned, these are huge! The aperture is approx. 3 inches across. Because these can be used for wines that need aerating or as small bowls, these really do earn their place in the cupboard.
Riedel O Oaked Chardonnay Set of 2 (P/N 0414/97).
You'll want Riedel O to be the first on the guest list for your next party-the stemless tumbler introduces a hip, casual feel to any get-together.
- The nearly perfect sphere of the Chardonnay bowl is beautifully symmetrical.
- The bowl shape is also highly functional, designed to guide the toasty flavors of oak barrel aging to the parts of the tongue that recognize this quality.
- 3-3/8" tall, with a maximum capacity of 20.75 oz. for an average serving size of 7 oz.
- Machine-made non-leaded glass is dishwasher safe.
Recommended for: Burgundy (white), Chardonnay, Chardonnay (oaked), Chardonnay New World (oaked), Corton-Charlemagne, Meursault, Montrachet, Morillon, Pouilly-Fuisse, Riesling (Kabinett), Riesling (late harvest), Riesling Smaragd, Sauvignon Blanc, St. AubinWhy choose this set over similar glasses?
- With the broadest bowl in the Riedel O line, it works especially well for oaked Chardonnays compared to the narrower Viognier/Chardonnay version.
- Riedel is renowned worldwide for producing the finest stemware for wine.
- The lack of a stem makes this glass great for mini bars, smaller cupboards, or packing into a picnic basket.
The design parameters for Riedel's O glasses, such as the shape of the tumbler and the size and diameter of the rim, are based on the benchmark shapes of Riedel Vinum.
- Design parameters are based on the benchmark shapes of Riedel Vinum
- Ideal for everyday use
- Machine-made with no lead
Capacity: 20.75 oz
Size: 3 3/8h (in)
Weight: 1.1 lb
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
RATINGS AND REVIEWS
Most Helpful Reviews
Shipped right away, no breakage. I'll admit to using this glass as a dessert bowl, too. It's the perfect size for sundaes! Wine looks great on the table with this glass, and it swirls beautifully. It's wide for a stemless glass, but still easy to hold, I haven't had any complaints when I serve with it.
I got these for drinking wine out on my patio, no worries about tipping the glass over. What does not show in the photo is how large the bowl is. I like the look and feel, but my wife has small hands and needs both hands to drink from it. So now these are officially "my" glasses!
Odd shape to hold and they kind of remind me of the holders for air plants. Would like to exchange for the Riedel O Viognier Stems instead.