Contemporary Wine Cellar with Beautiful Millwork
Designed with aesthetics in mind, IWA built this glass-surrounded contemporary wine cellar in Dayton, Ohio, boasting 800+ bottle capacity and a spacious interior.
Background & Goals
- Contemporary wine cellar for residence in Dayton, Ohio.
- Project goal: make the wine room a very visible feature in the home.
- The room was constructed fully windowed on three sides.
- Had to be a fully climate-controlled wine cellar.
Custom Millwork and Contemporary Design
- The wood framing was designed with detailed millwork.
- Surrounded in glass, the room brings a modern feel to the whole room.
- Brushed aluminum wine racks show off the wine in a simple yet artistic way.
- The design also allows for the beautiful Ohio landscape to be seen from the wet bar through the wine room.
- Three elevations accommodate wine racking to show off particular wines, support magnum bottles, and allow for a table top to tie the overall style of the wet bar and the wine room together.
CellarPro Cooling System
Residential Custom Wine Cellars -- Dayton Ohio - Contemporary Vintage View
- The cellar was equipped with a CellarPro 6500 Cooling Unit which can handle cellars up to 1750 cu. ft. and temperatures ranging from -20 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The CellarPro 6500 air handler is a self-contained vertical cooling unit that is ready to use out of the box.
- This system was chosen after calculating the thermal load in the room, and taking into account the local climate and location of the home.
- To enable the cooling unit to run efficiently, double-paned thermal glass windows were used, which help reduce the thermal strain on the wine room and combat the low insulating factor of windows.