Love the cabinet - the delivery guys were OK but did not do a great job of leveling. So am leveling it with friends now prior to loading it with wine.
We also offer an extended warranty with enhanced coverage for our wine cabinets and cooling units.
View our Interactive Product Demo
NOW EVEN QUIETER! The Model 3800 is designed for passionate wine connoisseurs with sizeable wine collections, with Classic arch windows and storage capacity for 458 bottles.
COOLING UNIT OVERVIEW
All wine cabinets from Le Cache come with a choice of 3 CellarPro cooling units included in the price of the wine cabinet. The 3 CellarPro cooling units are sized exactly alike, and therefore they are interchangeable. However, the 3 cooling units differ in terms of their BTUH cooling output and the level of noise that they produce. Each of the 3 cooling units is discussed below.
For more information about sizing the best cooling unit for your cabinet, refer to our Cooling Unit Buying Guide for Wine Cabinets.
The 1800QTL is our quietest cooling unit, and is designed exclusively for residential use in a temperature-controlled environment. The 1800QTL is appropriate for all credenzas, Model 1400 and Model 2400 wine cabinets. It also can be used in larger Model 3100, Model 3800 and Model 5200 wine cabinets, provided that the desired cellar temperature is closer to 60°F than 55°F.
This unit should not be used in ducted applications, or paired with our front duct hood.
Key Stats: 1065 BTUH at 55&de(more...)
- Premium Cherry wood veneer
- Hardwood door and furniture trim
- Stainless bar pull and security lock
- Double-pane tinted glass
- Foil-backed polyisocyanurate insulation
- CellarPro wine cooling unit (made in USA)
- Electronic Thermostat and Digital Display
- Adjustable Humidity Control
- Energy-Saver and Quick-Chill Modes
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- SB/0™ Technology - Flush against the Wall
- Top-vent exhaust
- High Performance Air Filtration System
- All-wood Interlock racks
- Universal racking fits oversized bottles
- Low-heat interior light
- Optional bottle probe
- Five-year warranty on the cooling system
- Two-year warranty on entire cabinet
- Optional Extended Warranty
- In-stock items ship within 5-7 days
Capacity: 458 Bottles
- Double-Deep storage
- Racked Slots: 408 Bottles (3 3/4-inch slots)
- Bulk Space: approximately 50 Bottles (stacked)
Size: 58w x 29d x 86h (in)
Weight: 475 lb
Power/Rating: 115V AC / 60 Hz
Running / Startup Amps (compressor)
- CellarPro 1800QTL: 3 Amps / 14.2 Amps
- CellarPro 1800QT: 3 Amps / 20.1 Amps
- CellarPro 1800XT: 3 Amps / 20.1 Amps
Thermal Load Calculations
Warranty: 2 Years (Cabinet) / 5 Years (Cooling Unit)
Optional Extended Warranty
The cooling unit plugs into a standard wall outlet, and the outlet should be on a dedicated circuit. The components of the cooling unit draw 3 amps, and the electric outlet on the side of the cooling unit also is rated for 3 amps. The cord extends 6 1/2 feet from the back of the cabinet. If an extension cord is used, it should be 14-gauge wire or thicker, grounded, and as short as possible. We recommend using a surge protector rated at 15 amps or more. Under no circumstances should the wine cabinet share a circuit with another motor or compressor-based appliance, like a wine cooler, fridge or air conditioner.
Because of the significant weight of your wine cabinet, it is important that it be placed on a hard surface, otherwise the cabinet may become skewed if the doors settle unevenly over time. If you will be placing your cabinet on thick carpeting, consider placing a carpet board underneath the wine cabinet. You can purchase a carpet board from Le Cache, or you can have your local hardware store cut a 3/4 inch plywood board to the following dimensions: 54w x 25d
DOOR SWING CLEARANCE
The doors of our wine cabinets swing "wide" by approximately 1 inch when open at 90 degrees. The additional width should be accounted for when purchasing cabinets that do not have moldings, because the stated widths of our wine cabinets do not account for the door swing. Please note that the additional width is required in front of the cabinet.
WEIGHT LOAD FACTOR
After loading your wine cabinet with wine bottles, it will be extremely heavy. When selecting a location for your cabinet, make sure that the floor underneath is strong enough to support the weight of the cabinet.
CellarPro cooling units are designed to handle temperatures ranging from 50 to 95F.
The cooling unit generates hot air that must be exhausted in such a way that it won't be recirculated by the cooling unit. If the hot air cannot be dissipated or channeled properly, and the cooling unit is forced to recycle its own hot air, the cooling unit will be unable to maintain cold temperatures inside the wine cabinet and/or it will run all the time. Proper ventilation can be achieved in one of three ways:
1.UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH TOP-VENT CONFIGURATIONS
Our upright wine cabinets have been engineered top-vent cooling units and SB/0 Technology so that they can be placed right up against the wall. In this configuration, the hot air generated by the cooling unit is ventilated through the top of the wine cabinet, and the return air comes from above the wine cabinet, so there must be sufficient clearance above the cabinets for the hot air to dissipate, as follows:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Carolina wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets require 18 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- European Country wine cabinets and Mission wine cabinets require 12 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below).
2. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH Rear-Vent Configurations
Our upright wine cabinets can be configured so that the return air comes from behind the wine cabinet. This configuration is useful in situations where sufficient clearance above the wine cabinet doesn't exist. In this configuration:
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is not accessible, a minimum clearance of 7 1/2 inches above the wine cabinet is required for removal and replacement of the cooling unit air filter.
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is accessible, a minimum clearance of 3 inches above the wine cabinet is required for proper airflow, and we recommend using our air deflector to direct the hot air exhaust to the left of the wine cabinet.
- In all cases, the wine cabinet must be placed 3-4" away from the rear wall.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below)
3. UPRIGHT CABINETS with Front-Vent Hoods
If you want to place the wine cabinet flush against the wall but you don't have the required clearance (as outlined in Configuration 1 above), or you want to place the wine cabinet in an enclosed space, closet or alcove, our front-vent hood (placed on top of the wine cabinet) can be used with 7 1/2 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet for removal of the hood and the air filter. Please note:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets can use our front vent hood with OR without the decorative grill.
- European Country wine cabinets, Mission wine cabinets and Carolina wine cabinets can use our front vent hood without the decorative grill (the decorative grill will not fit with crown moldings).
4. CREDENZA WINE CABINETS
Credenza wine cabinets don't require any clearance above the wine cabinet; however, all credenzas require 3-4" of space behind the wine cabinet because all the ventilation (intake and exhaust) occurs behind the cabinet
RESOURCES AND USEFUL INFORMATION
- Owner's Manual
- Cooling Unit Selection Guide
- Wine Cabinet Delivery & Inspection Instructions
- Wine Cabinet Filter: Rear View
- Adjustable Humidity Performance Chart
- Wine Cabinet Monthly Operating Cost
- Cooling Unit Sound Performance
|Credenza - Contemporary||8|
|Credenza - Euro & Mission||7|
(1) We count the top of the racks as 1 row when counting rows in our racks.
(2) Every slot in the racks is 3 3/4" and sized to fit oversized Burgundy and most Champagne-size bottles.
(3) Bulk storage is located atop the racks (except for the first row atop the racks). Bulk storage capacity is based on Bordeaux-size bottles.
(4) Total capacity is the sum of racked plus bulk capacity, with double-deep storage in all cases except the Contemporary Credenza (which is single-deep). Usable capacity may be lower by 2-3 bottles when the first few cells under the cooling unit are left empty for proper air circulation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose between top intake versus rear intake?
Top intake will allow you to place your wine cabinet flush against the wall; however, in order to operate properly, a cabinet with top intake MUST have sufficient clearance ABOVE the cabinet. If sufficient clearance does not exist, rear intake should be selected, and 3-4 inches of clearance must be provided BEHIND the wine cabinet. Regardless, the sides of the cabinet always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work unless our front-vent hood is used. Click on our placement requirements tab for more information.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: Yes, our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: You don't need the drain line because our wine cabinets are constructed to be airtight when the doors are closed, and the cooling unit has a drain pan to catch excess condensation, which is burned off as the cooling unit runs.
Why does the fan run without the compressor?
A: We've programmed our fans to stay "on" for 3 minutes after the compressor turns "off", and then every 15 minutes thereafter , to recirculate moisture inside the cabinet. This fan cycle is extremely energy efficient, and increases the humidity inside the cabinet.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
RATINGS AND REVIEWS
Most Helpful Reviews
Cabinet stills looks brand new after 8 years. LeCache staff just handled an upgrade of the refrigeration unit over the phone. Very informative, easy to work with. Great company in which to do business. Wonderful high quality product.
Purchased new in June 2008. . .already having trouble with Breezaire cooling unit - continues to ice up (coils on back of unit have been cleaned). For almost $5k, I'd expect a higher quality. Maybe that is why Le Cache is now putting another brand of cooling units in their 3800 cabinet. I sure hope the $1,000's of dollars of wine in the cabinet isn't ruined because of these issues. I'm pretty sure I won't purchase another Le Cache product in the future. The warranty on the cooling unit is 5 years. So they'll replace with a refurbished unit and the warranty is still the original 5 years. If the refurbished unit doesn't last longer than the 1 1/2 years remaining under warranty, I will be forced to buy a new unit at $1,000. My kitchen appliances have lasted more than 5 years and certainly don't cost anywhere near what this wine cabinet costs. Disappointing to say the least. Yes, it is a very nice piece of furniture, but I expected more.
I love my new Le Cache 3800 cabinet! It was delivered on time, the delivery people were professional and took care to insure the cabinet was not damaged or scratched. They also put it exactly where I wanted it. The cooling system is easy to use and after I loaded my wine in to the cabinet, the cabinet was chilled in about 24 hours.
We are very pleased with our new wine cellar and we are very pleased with your company's service.
This wine cabinet was beautiful and a great addition to our home!
Le Cache customer service has been excellent assisting us with the shipping claim.
My Model 3800 looks great, is quiet and keeps my wine at a constant 55 degrees.
Le Cache representatives answered all questions and the delivery men performed professionally. The wine cellar is fantastic!
Well put together unit. Looks great. Quieter than I expected!
The wine cabinet arrived just fine. It is performing well and it is a beautiful cabinet. My wife and I both love it.
All is working well. Pleased with cabinet and especially extra effort and time of delivery persons in assisting to place in right location.
Le Cache is a wine cabinet fit for storing Barolos, the King of Wines and the Wine of Kings.
The delivery folks were no at all prepared and did a very poor job requiring help from us and neighbors.
I needed both beauty and functionality, since it was going right in the house.
Le Cache instructions and packaging were excellent.
Great construction. appearance. and best direct customer service I've seen in years from the Le Cache folks in San Francisco.
Le Cache makes a first-rate product. It is beautifully styled and has a gorgeous wood finish. Their customer service matches the high-end product they produce.
Purchase process was a positive experience. The racking is ideal. the quality is great.
I think we made a great purchase.
I purchased my 3800 about 7 months ago, and could not be happier. This beast is a phenomenal piece of furniture while providing exceptional functionality and ease of use. I have no doubt this will last a near eternity.
It is gorgeous; it holds enough wine for an avid collector (at least for a little while - I'm already 4 cases shy of full capacity); it is dead silent when off, and extremely quiet when active.
It is HUGE. Make sure you have a three-man delivery crew. If you don't get a third man, have them reschedule. Seriously. Two guys is not enough to handle this beast.
GET A SERIOUS UPS WHEN YOU BUY ANY CABINET! I had a planned power outage here a month ago, and thankfully it was mid-winter and very cold outside. But if this was in July - I would have been buying ice packs. Power outages suck, and it would be a shame to destroy 50 cases of wine with a rolling blackout. This is one item that is commonly overlooked and is a big deal.
I purchased my 3800 new in 2014. This cabinet is the perfect choice for wine storage, and is a gorgeous piece of furniture! I chose Le Cache because of their great customer service reviews. It turned out that the reviews were correct. They gave me excellent customer service! The delivery guys were exceptional, and my cabinet is perfectly level. I would definitely recommend this wine cabinet AND Le Cache!