I am quite stunned at the quality, fit and finish of this piece of "furniture" It is built to last a lifetime and will surprise anyone who hears that it was less that $5k delivered!! I have had a succession of cheap store wine fridges that look cheap and only last 1-2 years, I finally did a lot of research and concluded that there i still a lot of poor quality even in the $3k-$4k range for this size. But then there is Le Cache.............
We also offer an extended warranty with enhanced coverage for our wine cabinets and cooling units.
View our Interactive Product Demo
NOW EVEN QUIETER! The Model 2400 is our most popular size wine cabinet, with beautiful Venetian arch windows and storage capacity for 286 bottles.
COOLING UNIT OVERVIEW
All wine cabinets from Le Cache come with a choice of 3 CellarPro cooling units included in the price of the wine cabinet. The 3 CellarPro cooling units are sized exactly alike, and therefore they are interchangeable. However, the 3 cooling units differ in terms of their BTUH cooling output and the level of noise that they produce. Each of the 3 cooling units is discussed below.
For more information about sizing the best cooling unit for your cabinet, refer to our Cooling Unit Buying Guide for Wine Cabinets.
The 1800QTL is our quietest cooling unit, and is designed exclusively for residential use in a temperature-controlled environment. The 1800QTL is appropriate for all credenzas, Model 1400 and Model 2400 wine cabinets. It also can be used in larger Model 3100, Model 3800 and Model 5200 wine cabinets, provided that the desired cellar temperature is closer to 60°F than 55°F.
This unit should not be used in ducted applications, or paired with our front duct hood.
Key Stats: 1065 BTUH at 55&de(more...)
- Premium Cherry wood veneer
- Hardwood door and furniture trim
- Stainless bar pull and security lock
- Double-pane tinted glass
- Foil-backed polyisocyanurate insulation
- CellarPro wine cooling unit (made in USA)
- Electronic Thermostat and Digital Display
- Adjustable Humidity Control
- Energy-Saver and Quick-Chill Modes
- Audible and Visual Alarms
- SB/0™ Technology - Flush against the Wall
- Top-vent exhaust
- High Performance Air Filtration System
- All-wood Interlock racks
- Universal racking fits oversized bottles
- Low-heat interior light
- Optional bottle probe
- Five-year warranty on the cooling system
- Two-year warranty on entire cabinet
- Optional Extended Warranty
- In-stock items ship within 5-7 days
Capacity: 286 Bottles
- Double-Deep storage
- Racked Slots: 256 Bottles (3 3/4-inch slots)
- Bulk Space: approximately 30 Bottles (stacked)
Size: 39w x 29d x 82h (in)
Weight: 385 lb
Power/Rating: 115V AC / 60 Hz
Running / Startup Amps (compressor)
- CellarPro 1800QTL: 3 Amps / 14.2 Amps
- CellarPro 1800QT: 3 Amps / 20.1 Amps
- CellarPro 1800XT: 3 Amps / 20.1 Amps
Thermal Load Calculations
Warranty: 2 Years (Cabinet) / 5 Years (Cooling Unit)
Optional Extended Warranty
The cooling unit plugs into a standard wall outlet, and the outlet should be on a dedicated circuit. The components of the cooling unit draw 3 amps, and the electric outlet on the side of the cooling unit also is rated for 3 amps. The cord extends 6 1/2 feet from the back of the cabinet. If an extension cord is used, it should be 14-gauge wire or thicker, grounded, and as short as possible. We recommend using a surge protector rated at 15 amps or more. Under no circumstances should the wine cabinet share a circuit with another motor or compressor-based appliance, like a wine cooler, fridge or air conditioner.
Because of the significant weight of your wine cabinet, it is important that it be placed on a hard surface, otherwise the cabinet may become skewed if the doors settle unevenly over time. If you will be placing your cabinet on thick carpeting, consider placing a carpet board underneath the wine cabinet. You can purchase a carpet board from Le Cache, or you can have your local hardware store cut a 3/4 inch plywood board to the following dimensions: 35w x 25d
DOOR SWING CLEARANCE
The doors of our wine cabinets swing "wide" by approximately 1 inch when open at 90 degrees. The additional width should be accounted for when purchasing cabinets that do not have moldings, because the stated widths of our wine cabinets do not account for the door swing. Please note that the additional width is required in front of the cabinet.
WEIGHT LOAD FACTOR
After loading your wine cabinet with wine bottles, it will be extremely heavy. When selecting a location for your cabinet, make sure that the floor underneath is strong enough to support the weight of the cabinet.
CellarPro cooling units are designed to handle temperatures ranging from 50 to 95F.
The cooling unit generates hot air that must be exhausted in such a way that it won't be recirculated by the cooling unit. If the hot air cannot be dissipated or channeled properly, and the cooling unit is forced to recycle its own hot air, the cooling unit will be unable to maintain cold temperatures inside the wine cabinet and/or it will run all the time. Proper ventilation can be achieved in one of three ways:
1.UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH TOP-VENT CONFIGURATIONS
Our upright wine cabinets have been engineered top-vent cooling units and SB/0 Technology so that they can be placed right up against the wall. In this configuration, the hot air generated by the cooling unit is ventilated through the top of the wine cabinet, and the return air comes from above the wine cabinet, so there must be sufficient clearance above the cabinets for the hot air to dissipate, as follows:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Carolina wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets require 18 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- European Country wine cabinets and Mission wine cabinets require 12 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below).
2. UPRIGHT CABINETS WITH Rear-Vent Configurations
Our upright wine cabinets can be configured so that the return air comes from behind the wine cabinet. This configuration is useful in situations where sufficient clearance above the wine cabinet doesn't exist. In this configuration:
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is not accessible, a minimum clearance of 7 1/2 inches above the wine cabinet is required for removal and replacement of the cooling unit air filter.
- If the rear of the wine cabinet is accessible, a minimum clearance of 3 inches above the wine cabinet is required for proper airflow, and we recommend using our air deflector to direct the hot air exhaust to the left of the wine cabinet.
- In all cases, the wine cabinet must be placed 3-4" away from the rear wall.
- The sides always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work without our front-vent hood (see Configuration 3 below)
3. UPRIGHT CABINETS with Front-Vent Hoods
If you want to place the wine cabinet flush against the wall but you don't have the required clearance (as outlined in Configuration 1 above), or you want to place the wine cabinet in an enclosed space, closet or alcove, our front-vent hood (placed on top of the wine cabinet) can be used with 7 1/2 inches of clearance above the wine cabinet for removal of the hood and the air filter. Please note:
- Contemporary wine cabinets, Loft wine cabinets and Vault wine cabinets can use our front vent hood with OR without the decorative grill.
- European Country wine cabinets, Mission wine cabinets and Carolina wine cabinets can use our front vent hood without the decorative grill (the decorative grill will not fit with crown moldings).
4. CREDENZA WINE CABINETS
Credenza wine cabinets don't require any clearance above the wine cabinet; however, all credenzas require 3-4" of space behind the wine cabinet because all the ventilation (intake and exhaust) occurs behind the cabinet
RESOURCES AND USEFUL INFORMATION
- Owner's Manual
- Cooling Unit Selection Guide
- Wine Cabinet Delivery & Inspection Instructions
- Wine Cabinet Filter: Rear View
- Adjustable Humidity Performance Chart
- Wine Cabinet Monthly Operating Cost
- Cooling Unit Sound Performance
|Credenza - Contemporary||8|
|Credenza - Euro & Mission||7|
(1) We count the top of the racks as 1 row when counting rows in our racks.
(2) Every slot in the racks is 3 3/4" and sized to fit oversized Burgundy and most Champagne-size bottles.
(3) Bulk storage is located atop the racks (except for the first row atop the racks). Bulk storage capacity is based on Bordeaux-size bottles.
(4) Total capacity is the sum of racked plus bulk capacity, with double-deep storage in all cases except the Contemporary Credenza (which is single-deep). Usable capacity may be lower by 2-3 bottles when the first few cells under the cooling unit are left empty for proper air circulation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose between top intake versus rear intake?
Top intake will allow you to place your wine cabinet flush against the wall; however, in order to operate properly, a cabinet with top intake MUST have sufficient clearance ABOVE the cabinet. If sufficient clearance does not exist, rear intake should be selected, and 3-4 inches of clearance must be provided BEHIND the wine cabinet. Regardless, the sides of the cabinet always need to be open - in other words, placement in an enclosed space, alcove or closet will not work unless our front-vent hood is used. Click on our placement requirements tab for more information.
Does the unit really need a dedicated circuit?
A: Yes, our units require dedicated circuits. When we say "dedicated circuit", we mean that the circuit shouldn't have any items that require heavy draws of electricity - eg other appliances, vacuum cleaners, big-screen TVs, blow-dryers - on the same circuit as the cooling unit. Lighting, computers or other low-draw items shouldn't be a problem on the same circuit.
Do I need the condensate drain line?
A: You don't need the drain line because our wine cabinets are constructed to be airtight when the doors are closed, and the cooling unit has a drain pan to catch excess condensation, which is burned off as the cooling unit runs.
Why does the fan run without the compressor?
A: We've programmed our fans to stay "on" for 3 minutes after the compressor turns "off", and then every 15 minutes thereafter , to recirculate moisture inside the cabinet. This fan cycle is extremely energy efficient, and increases the humidity inside the cabinet.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
RATINGS AND REVIEWS
Most Helpful Reviews
We recently purchased a Le Cache Model 2400 cabinet and are extremely pleased with the looks and performance. We have had many compliments on the unit, and it looks like a piece of furniture rather than a refrigerator. Excellent customer service, delivery, and installation.
After much searching and researching I can tell you that discovering and choosing a Le Cache wine cabinet was well worth the effort. I wanted quality, style and convienence; I got them all and then some. This cabinet is above and beyond in quality, quiet operation and delivers fabulous storage that is designed very well. This is my answer to having a wine cellar without the actual cellar, and the finish is high end furniture grade. Thank you Le Cache for offering such a lovely alternative to the industrial, kitchen look so my room maintains it's rich feeling. My friends and family feel special everytime they share in the contents! This was a purchase where I feel I received true value for my dollar. I must add that the LED lighting is soft and lovely and worth the upgrade. The communication from the company was outstanding and I would highly recommend them and purchase from them again.
It is always hard to buy something online without being able to see the product. I was delighted with the quality of my wine cabinet when it was delivered.
Outstanding customer service and a quality product - racking that holds large bottles too!!
The service was outstanding. Le Cache coordinated everything with the dealer and the shipper and it all was processed. shipped and set up seamlessly.
Beautiful workmanship on the cellar.
Really enjoying our wine cabinet!
All the "good stuff" is standard with Le Cache. and not add-ons. Thank goodness for your customer service. They put me at ease through a harried delivery.
Bruce. Ben & Keith bring the word 'pride' back to company ownership and product craftsmanship.
We are extremely pleased!
My wife and I love the cabinet. We debated on where to place it, but in the end settled on my office. I was impressed with how the cabinet was packed for shipping. When placed, I didn’t even have to adjust the feet for leveling. Although the cabinet is beautiful, part of me wishes I would have opted for your 1400 model, since I have NO idea how I am ever going to fill this one. But the pricing was good so we jumped on it.
I only have 60 bottles in it right now, but I do have a trip planned to go to Walla Walla in April, which should be a good stocking opportunity. I’ve attached a picture for you.
Thank you for your customer service,
I have received the wine cabinet and it is awesome! It looks great in our game room and I have received a lot of excellent comments. Your company has provided my wife and me with an excellent cabinet. I already have over 200 bottles in it, so I better either drink up, stop buying wine (not) or get more space. Thanks again!
It was great to find a wine cabinet that we could put in the dining room and not have it look like a glorified refrigerator. It really is a beautiful conversation piece.
Product styling and cooling unit were the deciding factors in purchasing decision and thrilled with the choice. Excellent quality.
I'm very pleased with the appearance and apparent quality of the cabinet, and also of your service and attention to detail. Many thanks for building a fine quality cellar!
I was expecting a great wine cabinet - what I received was fantastic - I was astounded with the craftsmanship and the appearance. It does not get any better than this!!
Cellar arrived in perfect condition. Great customer service to match my cellar to other kitchen cabinets.
When people see our newly remodeled family/entertainment room, do they comment on the new TV, the new wood flooring, the crown molding or the paint job? No, all they see is the wine cabinet. It is great!
I've had my Le Cache cabinet now for almost a year and it has been a joy to "fill up". Great for storing cigars and "temporary hiding place for flowers for my wife". I actually wanted a "garage style" wine cabinet in the smaller size since I have the unit in the back section of our basement - which is a shame since the cabinet is so beatiful. Otherwise, the website is far better than your competition and it made it easy for me to compare feature functions. Very educational as well for a "newbie". Delivery was a bit tricky due to the enormous size of the cabinet and having to take it down the external steps - made it by inches. Information related to the size of the entrance needed would be very helpful.