Background & Goals
- Wine cellar for house in Westminster, Colorado
- Client wanted the racks to match the home decor
- Limited budget did not allow for custom-built racks
- IWA designer proposed Vintner Series wine rack kit to cut costs
- Performed heat load calculation exercise to determine appropriate cooling unit
Vintner Series Wine Racks
- Client was concerned with how the racks will match existing home decor.
- Multiple wood samples with various stain options were sent to client.
- Client chose prime mahogany with dark walnut stain.
- Quality material at a mass-produced price helped client stay within budget.
- LED lights were added to brighten up the space.
- While more expensive than regular light bulbs, LED lights use less energy saving money in the long run.
- LED lights don't emit heat, protecting the wine from premature aging which other heat emitting lights can cause.
CellarPro Cooling System
- The cellar was built with a CellarPro 3200VSi cooling unit which is designed for 400-800 sq. ft. cellars.
- Cooling unit was hidden from plain view with a wooden louvered grill that matches the racks.
- The cooling unit’s variable speed fans allow it to operate quietly at low temperatures, but also perform at maximum when temperature rises above 115F.
- With the CellarPro 3200VSi unit, temperature and humidity are kept at constant levels.
- The 3200VSi cooling unit includes a thermostatic heating element, electronic temperature control and adjustable humidity control.